Connected Vehicle Data Scientist - Ford
Ford Motor Company
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
Ford is seeking a vehicle data scientist to join our team. This role includes supplying data reports, working with a variety of number sources, and merging datasets. This position is located in Dearborn, MI.
- Work with increasing number of sources, and increasing depth and breadth from each source, of Connected Vehicle Data
- Ingest large datasets for analysis by Product Development engineers for purposes of Quality Improvements
- Supply data reports, dashboards, and analysis of Connected Vehicle data to engineers and problem solvers across Ford Globally
- Provide working dashboards for quick data analysis for engineers, evolve requirements for long-term data access for company wide use
- Merge datasets from multiple databases (e.g. management lease data, VIN metadata, warranty, GQRS, etc.) to help engineers uncover Quality Early Warning and faster Root Cause of emerging issues
- Develop the methodologies for using data for Quality, finding through experimentation the methods are the most useful and sustainable
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science or technical related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Descriptive Analytics, including experience with Qlikview dashboards
- Connected Vehicle Data expertise
- Familiar with multiple unique sources of data, including OBD Diagnostics, CAN message data, Applink data, and Mobile/Vehicle/Cloud Metadata.
- Strong capabilities to manipulate data as needed for reporting in Excel and more descriptive tools such as Tableau or Qlikview.
- Experience with Ford or other automotive, automotive suppliers, automotive quality/warranty a plus.
- The ability to convert questions from engineers into data queries and analysis that both answers the immediate questions and points to the expanding capabilities of using Connected Vehicle data to improve vehicle Quality.
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Ford Motor Company Jobs