- Data Analytics
ABOUT UNITED EDUCATORS
Over the past 12 years United Educators has committed significant resources, both staffing and financial, to creating a positive work environment where staff can do their best work every day while still maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
We have received numerous awards for best places to work including the Alliance for Workplace Excellence and Business Insurance Magazine. We were able to show that through our management and staffing practices, we have created a diverse workforce that is highly engaged where staff work hard and have fun. We have given our staff a voice (biennial Employee Surveys, Ask Janice, and Supervisor Evaluations) and we are committed to acting on the lessons we learn from the feedback staff give us. Our active social committee organizes a variety of events throughout the year that build our sense of community while creating some down time from the everyday stresses of work life. Regular wellness activities and an ongoing Weight Watchers’ At Work program have helped our staff develop healthy habits that hopefully improve their life at work and at home.
We offer a competitive base salary plus an annual bonus plan, comprehensive medical insurance coverage, tuition assistance, 401k retirement plan with a generous employer match (up to eleven and a quarter percent after one year), employer-paid short and long term disability insurance, above average holiday and paid time off, monthly staff lunches, free gym membership and lots more.
- To advance modeling and data analytics capabilities through machine learning, data preparation and statistical analysis.
- To implement models in production to improve and better inform decisions in all departments.
- To present and explain model results in order to increase awareness and buy-in of stakeholders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model structured data from disparate sources including insurance policy and claims data, marketing results data, and internal and external databases
- Apply machine learning, regression, and statistical modeling techniques to answer real world business-driven questions
- Analyze business processes to determine areas of potential data-driven improvement
- Work with other departments to implement analytics tools into the business process
- Remain current on evolving statistical and machine learning techniques through research, online courses, and seminars
- Cleanse and wrangle raw data from diverse sources to prepare for analysis
- Seek out and explore new relevant data sources
- Assist with analysis and mining of unstructured data as projects arise including text mining of business user notes
- Visualize and communicate data and analysis results clearly to audiences of varying technical knowledge
** The above-referenced position summary is a guideline designed to present an overview of job duties and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of responsibilities and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data science, mathematics, computer science, actuarial science, or other analytical areas
- Practical work experience or Master’s degree in above subject areas preferred
- Proficiency in Excel or other spreadsheet software
- R, Python, SAS, or other statistical programming language experience
- Machine learning and generalized linear modeling experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for hands-on learning and continuing education