Data Science Analyst - AIG
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence
Data Science is fundamentally changing the way we do business. At AIG Science, we reinvent the business of insurance every day. Our mission is to shape the landscape of insurance by making AIG more data-driven, improve our customer's experience, and well, just be better.
We are a team of high performers with diverse backgrounds-our roster includes physicists, economists, computer scientists, mathematicians, biostatisticians, computational linguists, psychologists, and more. While our degrees may be different, we all share a passion for data and a desire to make an impact. We are looking for talented, curious, and creative Data Scientists to join our growing team.
§ Build predictive models utilizing both statistical methods (Generalized Linear Models, Mixed Effects Models, Ridge, Lasso, etc.) and machine learning techniques (Gradient Boosted Trees, Random Forests, Deep Learning, etc.).
§ Extract, clean, and manipulate large datasets (structured and unstructured) for model building.
§ Communicate (written and verbal) insights from quantitative analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
§ Stay current on the latest machine learning and big data trends.
§ Work with business sponsors and IT teams to implement analytic solutions.
- Unparalleled opportunity to apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real world datasets.
- Constant opportunity to learn through regular guest speakers, "brown bags", and sponsorship to attend conferences.
- A fun time, even though our floor at AIG headquarters still looks like it's from Office Space
- Work with highly intelligent and accomplished individuals who understand and value technical challenges
- A prompt and personal application process. If you're well qualified for this position, we know you have several options in front of you
- No egos, no bravado and no hostility. We value character and achievements, not who speaks the loudest in the room
- And, if the process goes well, an extremely competitive offer
- You have expertise in at least one modeling/machine learning platform such as R, Python, or SAS.
- You are passionate about tackling sample bias, over-fitting, variable selection, missing values, etc.
- You understand the need to balance predictive power, interpretability, and ease of implementation.
- You have knowledge of an additional general purpose programming language such as C++ or Java (Optional skill).
- You have advanced SQL skills and experience with NoSQL technologies (Optional skill).
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Science Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more AIG Jobs