Data Science Architect - US Bank
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
The Data Science Architect collaborates with functional areas to work complex business problem solved by the statistical analysis and information processing of large datasets. The role involves the identification of data sources to support problem requirements, the development of analytical modeling, and the implementation of software for the solutions.
Architecture responsibilities include Enterprise level support to development of data architecture principles, data architecture deliverables, and data architecture governance. This enterprise level support also includes research and evaluation of data oriented technologies and techniques that would positively affect the enterprise (e.g. master data management, data quality, Big Data, Hadoop, unstructured data tools, data federation and NoSQL application).
Exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Build a detailed understanding of the opportunity/problem domain and related data assets.
- Ensure data follows the compliance, access management and control policies of the company while meeting the data governance requirements of the business.
- Work with technical groups to support the collection, integration and retention of data.
- Interpret and communicate the results in a manner that is understood by the business.
- Participate in data architecture decisions and technology deployments to support the information processing of large amounts of data.
- Provide support to the line of business and other internal IT organizations for data governance, data definition standards, architectures and policies.
- Define, improve, and advocate standards, procedures, metrics, and policies for metadata management that includes both technical metadata and business metadata.
- Plan and perform activities regarding design and support of logical data models and logical messaging schemas for systems development.
- Leads the development or refresh of data architecture strategies and associated reference architectures.
- Guide and consult with IT and business management regarding use of data.
- Assess and recommend data related tools and technologies for use by the enterprise.
- Provide guidance and assessment of data architectures for the Enterprise Architectural Review process.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location United States
Shift 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of related technical experience.
- Experience with C, Java, Python, and SQL programming languages, with knowledge of related data analysis libraries.
- Knowledge of relational databases, Hadoop ecosystem, and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with BI/Reporting/Analytics tools like Tableau, SSRS, SAS, etc.
- Reference architecture development.
- Knowledge of Data Governance concepts, principles, and processes.
- Knowledge of metadata and data quality concepts, principles, and processes.
- Demonstrate an analytical approach to solving problems.
- Continuously develop and acquire new technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with multiple teams, and strong work ethic.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Science Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more U.S. Bank Jobs