Data Science Quality Engineer, Selling - eBay
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
This is a challenging, highly technical Quality Engineering role requiring data-driven analytical, innovative thinkers who live and breathe data and analytics, to create automation techniques to successfully certify and automate data science products on eBay’s core marketplace platform: a global, distributed component architecture serving 100+ million visits a week which is one of the largest eCommerce platform in the world.
This role is on the data science team within the Selling B2C organization, which produces high quality guidance and reporting for sellers, giving them listing recommendations (price, photo, item attribute and other recommendations), as well as performance and growth analytics for sellers to manage and scale their business. In this role you will use techniques including java automation, SQL and scripts to validate data science recomendations from machined learned models, as well as build test frameworks streamlining the validate-publish process for new data models.
- Write automation testing and production monitoring for big data applications in java, SQL, and script, covering components, services and backend data validation at large scale
- Build automation frameworks for end to end data validation, allowing data scientists to quickly test/validate/publish data models to production
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility supporting a 100+ person QA organization.
- Use Continuous Integration in Jenkins to facilitate pull request / unit / build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Contribute to development of environment management, test automation admin and monitoring tools for a large scale, distributed component agile testing environment supporting hundreds of Quality Engineers and Developers across over 1000 servers
- Work with data scientists, engineers, team leads, managers to help developing innovative testing solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions, present test engineering solutions to others
- Help set vision for automation frameworks, continuous integration environments and test strategies across teams
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Prioritize and plan testing activities for the broader team including coordinated integration testing for larger projects
- Mentor and train 1-2 other engineers, lead larger projects, prioritize test activities and find creative solutions to blocking issues and problems
Job level can be adjusted to candidate's experience.
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field +6 years working experience, or bachelor’s +8 years working experience
- Experience with big data on distributed / parallel databases like Teradata, Hadoop, MongoDB, Casandra, Couchbase or other large horizontally scalable distributed data architectures
- Experience with large-scale data validation using SQL, Java/Map Reduce, script or combination, working on models for ETL.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, R, shell scripting etc is a plus.
- Experience developing and/or testing Soap/XML/Rest & Java/JUnit and java based applications required
- Experience in Agile / Continuous Integration test environments (like Jenkins) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG
- Experience working on windows NT and Unix/Linux systems
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Experience with JUnit/Code Coverage (like Jacoco)/Mock concepts/Static Analysis
- Problem solving skills using programmatic solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, release management
- Ability to understand and articulate how changes in technology impact customer experience, able to lead the test effort and defining strategic testing approach
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Science Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Sales Jobs
- View more eBay Jobs