Data Scientist (Advanced Operations Analytics) - Ford
Ford Motor Company
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
Ford Motor Company's Global Data, Insight, and Analytics (GDIA) organization is looking for motivated and talented individuals with a background in Data and Analytics to work on supply chain and manufacturing analytics problems.
This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity to apply the latest tools and methods in Big Data and Data Science to a variety of business problems at Ford. In this role you will be supporting Ford's Procurement Organization and developing approaches that optimize their $100+B spend. You will collaborate with partners in product development, manufacturing, purchasing, warranty, material planning, logistics and other Ford activities to define problems, identify data, establish predictive and prescriptive models and deliver optimal solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest global subject matter experts that are transforming the automobile industry.
- Support the development and delivery of analytic models using skills such as data acquisition and management, algorithm design, and model development & refinement
- Acquire deep understanding of the business problems and translate them into appropriate mathematical representations
- Encode mathematical abstractions into prototype computer programs or models
- Ensure overall quality of the data & solutions throughout the analytic development process
- Interpret results and communicate them to technical and non-technical audiences, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Masters Degree
- 3+ years of experience with mathematical programming, optimization techniques, data mining, or statistical analysis
- 1+ year of experience applying operations research, mathematics, and/or statistics approaches to business problems
- Preferred Degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, transportation engineering/management, operations research, statistics, mathematics, computer science, econometrics or related quantitative fields
- Proficiency in analytic languages and frameworks such as CPLEX, Python, MATLAB, SAS, R, C/C++ or Java
- Proficiency in database query and management tools (SQL, Alteryx, etc.)
- Past experience and knowledge in automotive industry highly desired
- Project management experience and strong leadership skills such as business acumen and strategic vision a big plus
- Comfortable working in an environment where problems are not always well-defined
- Inquisitive, proactive, and interested in learning new tools and techniques
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-organized, independent and ready to work with minimal supervision
- Have a desire to excel and work with talented people
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Statistician Jobs
- View more Ford Motor Company Jobs