Data scientist lead, Business Strategy - Starbucks
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
As a leader on the Starbucks CRM analytics team, you will help build from scratch the data science practice at one of the most recognized and celebrated brands in the world.
You will guide the successful development and deployment of data products, leveraging cutting-edge technologies that will power revenue-generating business applications and processes.
You will provide mentorship and leadership to cross-functional team of data scientists, statisticians, and business analysts across the loyalty organization and provide technical oversight and guidance for 3rd party vendors who we’ve employed to help push forward our business objectives.
You are passionate about building and deploying analytics that unlock true, measureable incremental revenue for Starbucks – simply producing decks and reports is not enough for you!
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Extracts data from various databases; performs exploratory data analysis, cleanses, massages, and aggregates data
- Employs scaling & automation to data preparation techniques
- Introduces incremental improvements to data analysis, visualization, and presentation techniques to communicate discoveries
- Researches relevant emerging empirical methods and quantitative tools
- Possesses in-depth business knowledge in order to initiate and drive discussions with business partners to identify business issues needing analytic solutions
- Leads innovative packaging and presentation of insights to business and broader analytics community
- Develops processes to automate and scale insights operationalization
- Develops and drives multiple cross-departmental projects
- Establishes brand and team as subject matter experts in advanced analytics across departments
- Mentors data scientists in pioneering techniques and business acumen
Summary Of Experience
- Years within data analysis field or discipline (Minimum 7 Year’s Experience)
- Education: MS+ (PhD preferred) with concentration in quantitative discipline - Stats, Math, Operations Research, Comp Sci, Engineering, Econ, Quantitative Social Science or similar discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Mastery and comprehensive proficiency across most modeling & machine learning techniques (regression, tree models, survival analysis, cluster analysis, forecasting, anomaly detection, association rules, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of rigorous design of experiments
- Mastery and comprehensive proficiency across most data ETL (Teradata, Oracle, SQL, Python, Pig)
- Mastery and comprehensive proficiency across most relevant analytic languages (R, SAS, Python)
- Experience with deploying algorithms/data products into a productionalized environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Retail, customer loyalty, and eCommerce experience
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark), preferably in an cloud-based -computing environment such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, D3, etc)
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Starbucks Jobs