Data Scientist / Quantitative Analyst Technical Lead - YouTube
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
With your leadership and professional expertise, you manage a team of analysts, plan project goals and lead the overall strategy for your group. You are a recognized authority in your functional area and develop, organize and launch projects that span engineering and analysis.
As a Technical Data Science Leader for YouTube, the scope of your role will impact the entire Product.
For the YouTube Creators platform, the role will be focused on defining and understanding the core metrics (top-level and granular) that drive the supply-side of our business. YouTube viewers have nothing to watch and advertisers have no audiences to market to without the content that our “creators” produce. Creators range from you/me making silly videos to share with our friends - often referred to as casual to professional content (music videos, etc.), and of course in between is our homegrown stars and musicians.
You have previous analytical work to understand the varying types of our creators and the inequality dynamics of viewership (we are a “hits” driven platform, just like any media company). We have the basics down, but we need a great leader and communicator to talk to senior leadership across the organization about this, especially given the nuance. This is where you come in!
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Work with large, complex YouTube data sets; solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of Google data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both products development and sales activity.
- Directly manage a data science team. Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams; work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to google products.
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google's user facing products; example application areas include ads quality, search quality, end-user behavioral modeling, and live experiments.
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist / computational biologist / bioinformatician).
- 5 years of people management / leadership experience
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- 12 years of directly relevant, tech industry work experience (e.g., as a statistician / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
- 8 years of demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques, including people management.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Google Jobs