Regions Financial Corporation
Predictive Analyst – Birmingham, AL
Regions Financial Corporation – With $126 billion in assets, Regions Financial Corporation is a member of the S&P 500 Index and one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, mortgage and insurance products and services.
Region’s Customer Insights team works closely with cross-functional teams from IT, marketing, product, and channel management to leverage our data to develop models and insights. We’re looking for a senior predictive analyst who is passionate about finding insights and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions.
The Predictive Analyst answers deep-lying questions and uncovers new opportunities by leveraging analytic practices to design, build new, creative, high impact analytic solutions. Researches, designs, implements and validates algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Work with business leaders to identify high impact opportunities
- Provide analytical consultation, modeling, and solutions to optimize business goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Design and develop advanced analytical data mining, forecasting, and optimization models
- Implement and validate analytic solutions
- Provide science calibration support for statistical models
- Design and conduct studies for comparison and benefit assessment of various advanced analytical models
- Cultivate strong relationships with marketing, technology, and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment of modeling/analytic initiatives with business objectives and to identify new hypotheses for research
- Work with Information Technology (IT) to access, explore, and condition data.
- Develop and deliver executive-level presentations to diverse audiences summarizing findings and future considerations with focus on business-centric and stakeholder-relatable content
- Assist in the scaling of modeling capabilities by driving infrastructure improvements such as automation of data preparation, model training, and optimization
- Lead internal, contractor, or third-party vendor resources in support of predictive analytic capabilities and requirements
- At least 5 years of statistical analysis or analytical modeling experience
- Experience within banking or financial services industry desirable
- Experience with real-time decision systems or E-Commerce experience desirable.
- Experience mining transaction and event streams.
- Demonstrable specialization, expertise, or thought leadership in scientific/analytical concepts or techniques such as Decision Theory, Time-series Analysis, Multivariate Statistical Models, Sampling Designs, Probability Modeling, Econometric Models, Information Retrieval and Meta-analysis, Data Mining, Statistical Classification, Predictive Analytics, Behavioral Sciences, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
- Experience applying advanced analytics and knowledge to marketing activities/initiatives.
- Strong mathematical modeling skills and proficiency in programming/scientific languages, such as SQL, SAS, R, MATLAB, Java, C++,
- Practical experience with statistical modeling procedures, including Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, GLM, Mixed models, and ARIMA models, machine learning and cognitive self-learning models.
- Proficiency in data cleansing and transformation in the creation of predictor variables from complex data structures
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management, and collaboration skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new science, software applications, and tools
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, or related field; PhD desirable
Join a trusted community resource.
Regions serves customers in 16 states across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,700 banking offices and 2,100 ATMs. Our company has a personality – a culture – that is unique. We live by the values of putting people first and doing what is right. We take the time to get to know our customers and their financial goals, and help them realize their dreams for the future. At Regions, helping people achieve financial success is what we’re all about.
Expect more from your career at Regions.
If you’re looking for a work environment that promotes growth and enables you to build a career, welcome to Regions. Ours is a vibrant mission: make life better for our associates, our customers and our communities. We believe that our associates deserve more than a job, and we support them with comprehensive benefits, generous retirement plans and opportunities to make life better in the communities we serve.
For those interested, please email your resume to Chanda Posey @ Chanda.Posey@regions.com
EEO / AA / Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans