Quantitative Business Analyst - YouTube
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Data Scientist
The Business Strategy & Operations organization YouTube strategy provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
YouTube’s ecosystem is constantly growing and evolving, and it is critical to deploy resources efficiently to best serve YouTube’s advertisers, publishers and users globally. Fast-paced, dynamic and proactive, analysts on the team focus on assessing strategic initiatives, coordinating business planning, and driving actionable insights. You will be responsible for identifying key growth drivers across a broad set of partners and verticals (media companies, vloggers, sports leagues, music publishers, etc.), leveraging and making sense of the vast amounts of data at YouTube.
As a quantitative business analyst, you will provide analytical horsepower and project management to support YouTube’s key strategic and operational priorities. You will frame and structure solutions, analyzing data and applying critical thinking to make recommendations and inform major business decisions. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you will mine through data to identify opportunities for YouTube, applying your analytical expertise to help advise strategy and optimize business operations.
You will work cross-functionally with YouTube's Sales, Product, Engineering, Finance, and HR teams. You will become an expert on YouTube’s data, business intelligence systems and technologies across the full stack of the data science workflow. You will leverage technologies such as R, Python and Dremel (SQL) to process, analyze and interpret massive data sets. Further, you will be responsible for coordinating how the findings and data are used and consumed: from distilling your analyses into actionable insights to presenting this information in dashboards or reports.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Become an expert on the key data systems that exist at YouTube.
- Research and analyze key business drivers, competitive environment, opportunities, trends, and operating metrics based on that data.
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights.
- Analyze research data and synthesize raw information into insights, recommendations, dashboards, and reports.
- Prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings from initiatives to senior management and to the broader organization.
- BA/BS degree in technical or business fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience in an analytical role, such as management consulting, business intelligence or corporate strategy.
- Experience with database query, SQL coding and analysis
- Experience or passion in consumer internet, media or online video industries.
- Background in computer science, statistics, machine learning, or financial analysis.
- Additional statistical analysis experience (e.g. R, Python, Stata, MATLAB).
- Excellent spreadsheet software modeling and presentation software skills.
- Expertise in the data analysis workflow (data mining, statistical analysis, etc.).
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively by presenting data in a compelling way.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Business Analyst Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more YouTube Jobs