Research Intern, Data Science - Nokia
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence
The Analytics team at Nokia Technologies is looking for an intern to work on exciting data science research projects under the mentorship of a full-time engineer or researcher during the Summer of 2017 in our office in Sunnyvale, CA. The work will involve reviewing research literature, designing and implementing research software, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing experimental results, and reporting the findings in the form of internal reports or academic publications. Potential application areas include health and media analytics, as well as natural language processing. The results of your research will have actual business and product impact.
Our office is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in downtown Sunnyvale. Public transportation (Caltrain) is a two-minute walk from our building. We are less than an hour from San Francisco and the Pacific Ocean, and close to California’s famous redwood forests and beautiful Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada for summer exploring.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering in a field related to data science
- Experience with natural language processing, health analytics, or audio/video analysis
- Strong interest in building complex data analytics systems, from theoretical aspects to hands-on prototyping
- Creativity, passion and drive to carry out an interesting data science research project
Everything we do has a human purpose. We innovate to meet real human needs, using technology to positively impact people’s lives each day. At TECH, ideas count: every person can take a stand and participate in developing our business.
We believe that we is bigger than me. We share the same passion for transforming the role technology plays in our lives, and work together as a team to realize our shared vision. We challenge ourselves and each other, resisting the urge to fall into patterns and conventional ways of thinking. We have broken down unnecessary walls and silos, and we know our colleagues by first name.
Our people have the possibility to shape their roles and impact where to focus. Also, we believe that the best results are achieved when everyone has the freedom to decide how to best do their job. You get a lot of responsibility, and we expect that you want to develop to be even better. We expect you to be an expert in your field, to have opinions and ideas, and yet we expect you to be yourself – nothing more, nothing less.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Research Intern Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Nokia Technologies Jobs