Senior Data Engineer, Content Analytics - Netflix
- Data Engineer
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence
Who are we?
Netflix is the world's leading internet streaming service with over 93 million members in 190 countries. Our members enjoy more than 125 million hours of streamed video per day, using over 1000 different types of devices, generating more than a third of downstream Internet traffic in North America. The Content Data Engineering and Analytics team is based in the entertainment capital of the world, focused on providing our colleagues rich data, tools, and insights so that we can make decisions on what series and films will bring the most joy to our subscribers. We are part of a larger team that supports Netflix’s data-driven culture across marketing, streaming, product, and finance functions. As Netflix deepens its global reach and develops more and more amazing Originals content, the scope and impact of our team’s work in the content space is exploding.
Who are you?
- You are lazy in a productive way (find tedious work boring and would rather automate it).
- You are charismatic, tenacious, curious, and industrious, and not just talented.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You have strong beliefs that are weakly held: you can argue, and hear, all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it.
- You create code that is understandable, simple, and clean, and take pride in its beauty.
- You love freedom and hate being micromanaged. Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing contexts.
- You are motivated to explore new technologies and learn, and can do so without taking formal education.
What do you know? (not a rigid litmus test)
- A collection of Big Data tech (S3, Hive, Spark, Elasticsearch,...)
- Python-based application development. Experience with its data science libraries is a plus
- Virtualized/containerized/distributed computing environments
- How to work with analytics practitioners and contexts
- Team-based software development tools and best practices
- Experience with a JVM-language is a plus
What will you do?
- Continually acquire new data sources to develop an increasingly rich dataset that characterizes content. This dataset will be the foundation for many strategic uses cases from multiple teams
- Build analytic applications that help Netflix’s content buyers and producers efficiently get great content onto our streaming platform
- Develop high-performance predictive modeling pipelines in support of Netflix’s scientists
- Build software and social glue between engineers, scientists, product managers, and other analytics teams
- Build software and social glue between Netflix’s longstanding technical side and its growing creative side
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Analyst Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Netflix Jobs
View More Jobs in Los Angeles, CA:
- View more jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Data Analyst jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Data Engineer jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Data Analytics jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Data Scientist jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Business Intelligence jobs in Los Angeles, California
- Netflix jobs in Los Angeles, California