Senior Data Scientist
- Data Scientist
TITLE: Senior Data Scientist
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or St. Paul, MN
Infor® is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in 200 plus countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor combines focused, hands-on industry experience with global breadth to help companies deal with today’s challenges and prepare for tomorrow’s opportunities. We offer deep industry-specific applications and suites that are engineered for speed and use groundbreaking technology to deliver a rich user experience. Our applications also feature flexible deployment options that allow customers to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premise, or both.
For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
Senior Data Scientist
To ensure that Infor Retail Data Science customers are informed and thrilled with the solutions they receive; to efficiently configure solutions for retailers; to manage data science resources and timelines; and to design new, valuable IP in the retail science domain.
Lead science related work streams for implementations of solutions based on Infor Retail’s Data Science. This will be discharged by personally leading design workshops with clients; and by personally performing or supervising junior staff in performing data validation analysis; and the configuration, tuning and performance analysis of the Data Science components.
Lead algorithmic design work to support the development of industrial strength data science-based decision support technology, suited to the needs of various retail decision problems.
- Educate clients on Infor Retail’s data science capabilities, product features and related implementation processes.
- Manage data science resources and timelines, estimate workloads
- Perform the role of implementation scientist on key solution engagements.
- Train and supervise the work of junior scientists and consultants on deployment and configuration of Data Science based solutions.
- Develop training materials for end-users and conduct user training.
- Conduct research and analysis on various retail demand modelling algorithms and techniques.
- Develop and exercise prototypes of models and algorithms.
- Prepare design documentation of models and algorithms.
- Develop techniques for performing forecast diagnostics and performing diagnostic studies.
- Work closely with the Infor Retail project team as well as Client Project team to ensure quality work is delivered and deadlines are met.
- Set an example with a strong work ethic and commitment to quality that can be followed by fellow team members.
- Travel to client sites.
- Occasional travel to our offshore Center of Excellence.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate highly effective communication skills, an ability to meet deadlines in a complex and sometimes ambiguous work environment and adhere to ethical business standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics / Data Science, Econometrics or related field. Ph.D. is a plus.
- Two to four years’ of commercial or industrial experience after the Master’s Degree, with significant experience in the development and/or use of large scale decision support systems (or Ph.D. plus 2 years’ experience).
- Retail forecasting: experience maintaining or analyzing forecasts
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong proficiency in one or more mathematical or statistical modeling tools: python, R, SAS, MATLAB, or similar.
- Strong proficiency in manipulation and analysis of large datasets and associated tools (e.g., SQL, hadoop).
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English across different levels of management.
- Programming experience and proficiency.