Senior Manager, Data Science - GoDaddy
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
This position can be filled by the ideal candidate in Sunnyvale, CA, Kirkland, WA or Phoenix, AZ.
GoDaddy's (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures—helping our customers kick ass by giving them the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
Advanced Analytics is a newly formed group at GoDaddy -- one that is key to the strategic direction of the company! We are looking for rockstar data scientists and statistical modelers to generate actionable insights and build predictive capabilities at scale. Working with Hadoop and our Big Data ecosystem, the Senior Manager, Data Science will utilize sophisticated statistical analysis and machine learning to work across business areas such as Marketing Analytics, Customer Insights & Analysis, Call Center Analytics, Product Analytics, Pricing Optimization, Recommendation Engines, Personalization, etc.
You will have the opportunity to play a critical role in shaping the road ahead for GoDaddy!
- Understand the Customer Lifecycle; generate actionable insights and recommendations to ultimately increase ARPU (Average Revenue Per User)
- Develop statistical methodologies to predict customer behavior and prescribe best course of action
- Uncover key customer segmentation and associated behavioral analyses
- Derive accurate customer Lifetime Value (LTV) and inform business decisions using an LTV lens
- Apply machine learning to build recommendation engines (eg: Marketing Personalization)
- Apply Speech/Text Mining and statistical analyses to the wealth of data in C3 (customer care center);
- Build new Products & Services for our customers, driven by Data Science
- Help our Customers understand better and engage more effectively with their own customer base (via segmentation insights, reports, new products, generated recommendations, etc.)
- Partner with Pricing team: leverage advanced analytics for Pricing Optimization and to inform pricing tests.
- Establish a culture of rapid experimentation by being a ‘go to expert’ on A/B testing and MVT
- MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Operations Research, etc.
- 5+ years of industry experience with Advanced Analytics/Data Science
- Expertise in statistical modeling/ machine learning; Text/Sentiment Analysis a plus
- Ability to analyze structured & unstructured/semi-structured data
- Proficiency in SQL and a statistical analysis tool such as R or SAS; Python expertise a big plus.
- Experience with accessing and manipulating data in Hadoop/Hive; Spark experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build large-scale predictive models with real-world data.
- Strong foundation in Hypothesis Testing
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior Manager Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Statistician Jobs
- View more GoDaddy Jobs