Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering - TuneIn
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
Our mission is to deliver the world’s best listening experiences. Every day we make good on that promise for millions of listeners through our flagship mobile and web applications along with more than 200 connected devices and services.
About TuneIn Engineering
We value being a top-notch engineering organization, and have the same high standards with our code and people. We make time for quality, we are agile and pragmatic, we keep it simple, we are data driven, and we love getting better. Check out our principals here:
We regularly invest time in your future and support growth, and we show this in a number of ways—clear job responsibilities and expectations for your career path, freedom to move teams, Mission Teams to contribute more broadly, and our quarterly Discovery Days, whereby you spend time in the form of building innovative features, products, or approaches to problems ("hackathon" like); addressing nagging issues or problems that take time away from adding value to TuneIn; or simply learning a new technology.
About This Position
TuneIn reaches nearly 60 MAUs and we have a relentless appetite for data: our listeners collectively generate tens of millions of events per hour at peak. We are a small data engineering team and our contributions have a profound impact on the success of the business: from shipping the next strategic insight to building the data-centric products that power our listeners' experiences - our Data Engineering team is the hub of TuneIn. Our goal as a data engineering team is to build systems that provide accurate business insights with scale and stability.
As the Senior Software Engineer for Data Engineering, you will:
- You will work with data consumers across TuneIn to understand what they'll need in the future and how we can best meet that need.
- Improve every listener's experience: TuneIn collects tens of millions of discrete events per day you'll help us use that data to provide insights.
- Contribute towards scaling our data pipelines and core analytics funnels: from the point of ingestion to actionable insight.
- Partner with our Data Science team to capture, shape and optimize their analysis efforts
- Mentor and coach a number of developers. We want every engineer to be comfortable working in the stack; part of your job will be to get them there.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Experience in a highly-available analytics ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark etc) at non-trivial scale
- Experience 'presenting' data in support of product - leveraging tools like ElasticSearch, Dynamodb/Cassandra, and Redis/Memcached
- Experience with key/value stores, columnar databases & traditional warehousing design
- Your written and verbal communication is excellent; you are a relationship builder in and out of Engineering.
- Experience with machine learning is desirable but not necessary
- Experience with AWS is desirable but not necessary
- You have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years experience or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of experience.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, in the heart of the SOMA district, across from AT&T Park. We also have a vibrant, growing office in Venice, CA with a full recording studio, where artists and personalities publish new content to the community every week. We’re well-funded by the most prestigious names in venture capital, including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Google Ventures, and Institutional Venture Partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more TuneIn Jobs