Senior Solution Architect - Ericsson
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The Analytics group at Ericsson Chief Innovation Office works on all aspects of data; storing and retrieving data, statistics and data science, systems that automatically learn from data, computing in distributed systems and visualization of insights. The team is constantly investigating new technologies in the data science area such as deep learning, online learning and cloud based data infrastructures. The teams develops IoT applications that are geared for autonomous cars, smart mobile networks, smart homes etc.,
One aspect of this job is to create technology spearhead prototypes in this area using state of the art machine learning technologies. 40% of the world’s smartphone traffic goes through Ericsson Networks, so there is unlimited data available to monetize. The goal of building advanced prototypes using Machine Learning, is to discover hidden patterns and trends in the data and networks, to optimize network management, make networks more proactive and pre-emptive, thereby leading Ericsson to become stronger in the core business and enabling the next-gen product portfolio.
Purpose of Job Role
- Lead a team of data scientists
- Responsible for creating, leading and growing a center of excellence consisting of applied data science and machine learning experts
- Build and transfer technology competence to ensure technology leadership and profitable business for Ericsson by:
- Developing novel concepts, solutions using Applied Machine Learning to discover trends in data and Networks. Protect innovation with IPR.
- Introducing prototyped ML based solutions into product development units to be included in product roadmaps. The prototypes introduced to PDU’s should be geared towards product improvements, opex/capex saving and be a catalyst to enable advanced capabilities of existing products and solutions.
- Presenting prototypes, concept demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Interacting with customers and internal stakeholders to understand the overall strategy and market and identifying focus areas for building advanced solutions using ML, that fit the market need and the product portfolio, to accelerate existing revenue streams and also to create new revenue streams.
- Excellent skills in data analytics and machine learning.
- Excellent skills in programming languages (Java/Python).
- Knowledge about big data platforms such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Ability to perform studies and reports
- Ability to develop simulators, demonstrators and test-beds
- Ability to innovate
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Leadership skills to lead a team
- Presentation and communication skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || Consulting&SysInt
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Solution Analyst Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Ericsson Jobs