Software Development Engineer, Big Data Analytics - Amazon
- Data Analytics
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
Large scale distributed systems; low latency environments; big data; machine learning. If these areas resonate with you then join us to work on extremely motivating challenges. In North America alone, we process 50B requests in under 30ms and evaluate our machine learned models to recommend the best response using our deep data. We leverage our petabytes-sized data clusters to derive industry leading analytics and provide unique insights for our customers. And, we do this across desktop mobile and video devices. We don’t use the latest technologies because it’s cool, we do so because there is no other way to work at this scale! Simply put, if you want to solve difficult problems with significant impact to the Amazon business, then this team is the right one for you
We specifically seek candidates who want to join the Ad Platform team focused on building large-scale data platforms delivering big data analytics for marketing effectiveness products. These products educate advertisers on the total impact of ad campaigns by integrating data from across all Amazon systems.
You will be a self-starter with strong design and coding skills who loves shipping great products with multiple iterations. You will thrive on implementing creative technical solutions while working across complexity systems supporting petabyte scale advertising and eCommerce businesses (over 10B new events per day). You will want to dive deep and understand Amazon’s unique place in the advertising industry while challenging yourself and your colleagues to develop innovations that create more disruption.
The reward? You will build systems that have never been built anywhere else (including Amazon) and grow into a technical leader on a team of brilliant engineers, scientists, and product managers who are making history!
- Master’s degree or equivalent* in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus at least 1 year of experience in software development (*Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of progressively responsible software development experience may also be accepted).
- 1 year of your experience should involve designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems using Java, Object Oriented design, and distributed programming
- Previous experience with peta-byte scale data, analytical/data science product development, and/or machine learning applications
- Phd in quantitative field
- Excellence in technical communication
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Developer Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Statistician Jobs
- View more Amazon Jobs