Software Engineering Intern, Elastica (Master's) - Symantec
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Data Analytics
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About The Team
Symantec’s Cloud Security division is the team behind the Elastica CloudSOC™ platform. Our security platform enables companies to confidently leverage cloud applications and services while staying safe, secure and compliant. Leveraging advanced data science and machine learning, CloudSOC taps real-time user traffic, native SaaS APIs and other data sources to provide a single pane of glass for monitoring and controlling your SaaS apps.
About The Role
We are looking for an emerging software start to work with us on our cloud-scale highly available security stack. You will be working with our Securlet team helping us implement integrations with other Cloud Applications. You will be developing and testing code using cool technologies like Docker and Mesos on a public cloud such as AWS and Azure, learning the ins and outs of what it takes to develop distributed cloud-scale applications. You should come with a "can do" attitude and be willing to adapt to rapidly changing needs of an agile environment.
- You will be writing code, testing it, deploying it and monitoring its health
- You will be developing highly scalable and available security applications using the APIs exposed by major SaaS vendors.
- You will help refine our CI/CD pipeline and adding support for new modules
- You may also get the opportunity to work with the internal Security and Audit teams
- Current Master's student pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with developing software in Linux development environment in Python, Java or C/C++
- Familiarity and some previous project on AWS, Azure or any similar cloud environment i
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL concepts and hands-on experience with a commercial product in either area
- Knowledge of web application architectures
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Software Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Symantec Jobs