Software Solutions Engineer: Big Data and Analytics - Juniper Networks
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
Juniper Marketing builds connections between Juniper’s exceptional technology and our customer’s pressing business challenges to enable our sales teams to sell more and customers to succeed more. Marketing Analytics and Data Science (MAD Science) team brings analytics power to the Juniper Marketing. As part of the MADS team, our mission is to transform data into high quality, meaningful insights allowing us to take timely action on key performance drivers for business collaboration leadership. We bring intellectual curiosity, a deeply consultative approach and a drive to compete on analytics.
MADS team built a marketing data platform that aggregates structured and unstructured data from internal and third party sources. The marketing data platform delivers marketing performance metrics, analytic solutions, leads data and many other use cases. We are at an exciting point in Juniper where we are scaling the marketing data platform to deliver on our data strategy.
The Software Solutions Engineer will play a significant role in this transformation. A great candidate will be curious, fun, and insightful. The candidate will be willing to speak up, identify great opportunities for the company, and use new technologies to improve operations.
The Software Solutions Engineer focused on Big Data and Analytics will lead the development of the marketing data platform, particularly scaling the platform and improving data quality to address marketing needs. This involves collaborating with the pillar leads and management on the marketing data strategy, business needs and delivering with right technology solutions. The Software Solutions Engineer will work with the MADS team in India to coordinate the development efforts.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic environment that is constantly trying new technologies and approaches to address business challenges. The person must be open to learn as well as be willing to teach the team. Important, this individual is creative, wants to have fun, and works well with colleagues.
- Require 4-8 years of experience developing and architecting software applications; with focus on rules based systems and web services, bonus points for UX experience
- At least 1 year of data engineering experience; particularly developing for Hadoop ecosystem using Spark, Oozie, Hive, HBase and using Ranger and Atlas
- Strong programming skills in Python and optionally Java and data manipulation skills using libraries such as pandas
- Strong grasp of algorithms, data structures and database systems
- Experience with SQL, particularly optimizing joins and tuning query performance
- Experience administering Hadoop based platforms such as Hortonworks and Cloudera in a cloud environment such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering; MS/PhD preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Solutions Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Juniper Networks Jobs