Sr Data Engineer - Yahoo
- Data Engineer
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
A Little About Us
Yahoo! aspires to be an indispensable guide to digital information, yours and the world’s. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses.
A Lot About You
The Video and Display Advertising Business is responsible for delivering market-leading advertising technologies, platforms, solutions, and services for online video and display advertising. Our advertising products deliver billions of ad impressions to hundreds of millions of users everyday, enabling hundreds of thousands of advertisers to effectively connect with the right audience at the right time across devices and across the globe.
We are seeking a senior engineer who has good combination of technical and management skills. This candidate should have skills to design and develop large-scale analytic infrastructures, tools, and applications that enable data scientists to mine the massive amount of data at Yahoo and develop and deploy innovative algorithms that automate and optimize critical decisions in the end-to-end online advertising process and also have prior experience to build winning teams, mentor engineers, interface with customers, hiring and retaining top talent. This position will be partnering closely with the advertising data science team on a variety of online advertising problems such as advertising trust and safety, programmatic campaign optimization, and marketplace yield management. The ideal candidate should have strong experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig, and should also have a passion for applying machine learning approaches to solve large-scale business problems.
- Significant engineering ownership in a data science platform client side application
- Design, develop, and provide UI implementation of compelling data visualizations, dashboards, tools, and utilities using Open Source technologies
- Develop complex queries, automate data pipelines and help to develop new analytics applications and dashboards
- Interact with Research Engineers, Scientists, data analysts, product managers, engineers to understand business problems, technical requirements and deliver custom ad hoc reporting solutions
- Prototype new metrics or data systems
- Develop software programs to automate recurring data pulling tasks and help to make big data easily consumable by utilizing latest Hadoop technologies
- Lead data investigations to help troubleshoot any data issues that arise along the data pipeline from instrumentation through the reporting systems
- Maintenance and improvement of the tools and processes already in place
You Must Have
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with 6+ years experience.
- Industry experience as a big data engineer with experience of Hadoop technologies preferred (Pig, Hive, HBase, Storm, Spark, Solr).
- Fluency with at least one of these languages: Python/Perl/Java/C++ and proficiency with Unix/Shell.
- Strong in OOP programming and proficient in one major programming language (like Java, PHP, Python, Perl etc).
- Cross-browser, cross-platform coding for large-scale website development experience
- Excellent coding, designing, debugging, testing, and problem solving skills in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Proficient in HTTP, web services and Restful APIs.
- Understanding of agile engineering practices (like Test-Driven Development, Continuous integration and other Extreme programming practices).
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas.
- Experience working on systems handling large volumes of data.
- Self-driven, detail oriented, excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and manage expectations.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related academic field.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Strong ability in reasoning with statistics.
- Experience in online advertising.
United States of America-California-Sunnyvale
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Engineer Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Yahoo! Inc. Jobs