Sr. Manager Data Science - Comcast
- Data Analytics
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
About The Opportunity
FreeWheel is hiring a Senior Manager, Data Science based in New York who will report to the Director, Advisory Services. In this position, you will manage the Data Science team to build out scalable analytical capabilities, leveraging FreeWheel's massive proprietary data set, aimed at delivering industry-leading business intelligence and market insights to FreeWheel's premiere media and technology clients. You will also be tasked with overseeing and growing Advisory Services' data-driven product offerings, including competitive benchmarking and custom dashboard solutions, as well as leading research & development efforts to uncover new ways to make FreeWheel's powerful dataset more accessible and actionable to both internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience working and leading projects within in a data science, advanced analytics, or data research & insights group within a technology-oriented company. Experience in media and/or advertising technology is highly valued, but not required, so long as the candidate is highly motivated to learn about the dynamics of the digital video industry. This role requires someone with a strong command of advanced analytics methods (including statistics, data mining, data visualization etc) and experience with process improvement involving ETL, data integration / cleansing, and data warehousing design.
- Leads team of data scientists to develop advanced analytics capabilities and mine business insights from FreeWheel's one-of-a-kind dataset on digital video viewing and advertising consumption.
- Guides data science team to identify & evaluate opportunities for automating existing data processes and building scalable analytical tools to put the power of data into the hands of more users.
- Manages the development and enhancement of data-driven consulting solutions; recommends new business models for how Advisory Services can deliver value through FreeWheel's expansive dataset.
- Collaborates with Advisory Services managers to gather use cases for data and advanced analytics; transforms use cases into tactical solutions and methods to be deployed across strategic, operational and technical projects.
- Builds and presents business cases to evaluate the ROI of building new applications and tools.
- Works closely with leadership in Engineering and Product Management to establish database structures, data models and new products that enhance client insight.
- Acts as subject matter expert for advanced analytical techniques.
- 7+ years of experience working in a data science, advanced analytics, or data research & insights group in a technology-driven company (media experience highly valued, but not mandatory).
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or other related field; Masters preferred.
- Extensive experience effectively mining massive amounts of data and generating business insights for an senior audience.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Presto/Hive/Hadoop/Spark) as well as cloud computing (AWS).
- Proficient with data analytics and visualization tools such as Python, R, Tableau and Looker.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and execute end-to-end advanced analytics and research projects .
- Experience directing teams of junior data scientists or analysts to mine insights from complicated data and develop a compelling narrative.
- Demonstrated excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- A thirst to help answer the most difficult questions facing the premium digital media space from a data-backed orientation. A good human who likes to work hard while having fun.
- Manages the execution of research projects and assists with communicating findings to appropriate audiences and clients; schedules and monitors research activities.
- Negotiates to gain cooperation and for resources that directly affect function's performance.
- Delegates project responsibilities and supervises subordinates in all phases of data research, systems maintenance, analysis and reporting.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, Masters preferred
Years of Experience - Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries. FreeWheel is an equal opportunity employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Senior Manager Jobs
- View more Data Analytics Jobs
- View more Data Scientist Jobs
- View more Statistician Jobs
- View more Business Intelligence Jobs
- View more Comcast Jobs